Monday 30 May 2016

Igbo Men are the best when it comes to taking care of their wives - Colombia's Sonia Morales-Ogbonna talks

Nollywood actor and model, Ik Ogbonna is married to a sexy Colombian wife, Sonia Morales, who is also the mother of his second child Ace.
Saying that Nollywood actor IK Ogbonna has a very hot wife is an understatement. Sonia who now mostly stays in Nigeria can be said to be the hottest celebrity wife right now, and many won't argue. 
In this interview, outspoken Sonia shared the good, bad and ugly side of marrying the popular Nigerian movie star.


How do you feel being a mother, a sexy one at that?
Yea! You can say that again. I'm such a sexy mother (laughs). Motherhood is an amazing experience. It's every woman's dream. It's also one of the most important decisions ever in the life of every woman. Despite that, it's also very challenging.
‎I'm just 24; going 25, quite young and had my first child at the right age too.
Motherhood is a very beautiful experience. It fulfills me. It builds a woman's confident.‎

How do you cope with your husband's busy career?
 I'm married to IK Ogbonna not his career. No matter what happens in our marriage we try to keep it inside the house. No matter who you date or marry, as long as the person is successful in whatever he is doing, it makes his wife or partner proud of him.




Shortly after you gave birth, you regained that same slim and sexy figure, how did you do that?
Well, I never really gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant because I believe that women should work on their bodies during pregnancies not after.
I eat healthy, I never used pregnancy as an excuse to over eat.  I work out. I'm very health conscious, with the thought of my baby on my mind. Even the day of my delivery, I had 30 minutes’ walk out.  I take a lots of water. So I didn't get extra fat. If I eat too much, I won't feel good. Basically, it's all about self-discipline.


You are now a wife and mother, but your sexy photos still flood the Internet, especially Instagram, do you know it's against African beliefs?
I don't care. Painfully, there are critics everywhere. I would have taken their words to heart when I was much younger, but not now. A lot of my followers on Instagram write bad things about the way I flaunt my body but I really don't care.
If anybody is mean at condemning me, then I’m pretty sure, I am not their issue, they have other pressing personal matters bothering them and they are just looking for a way to transfer the aggressions.
Some people make fake Instagram pages just to drop hateful comments, but I'll advise them to channel their strength and time to something more positive.



You are a Colombian, married to a Nigerian, mixed culture, beliefs, etc., what gave you the full confidence to give it a trial?
I'm married to a Nigerian; an Igbo man to be precise. It's all about his personality and the love we share. Love helps one overcome every circumstances. Every human has issues, the good sides and bad sides, but if we understand ourselves, then we can live together as one.
Sometimes, I get angry at women, because they believe that in marriage they are the only ones compromising. We have to learn to meet our partner’s half-way. We shouldn't allow him to sacrifice everything. Women should learn to drop that belief.

Before you married our brother, IK, you must have dated some other non-Nigerian guys, can you compare them?
I don't like generalization at all. It's all about the person. Even kids from same mother, don't behave alike. As long there is love, understanding and respect, you can make a good husband and partner. Nigerian or non-Nigerians are all humans, created by same God.



How are you coping with the food, tradition, weather, etc., of a full African man?
I don turn full naija babe oh (laughs). Well, I believe that if you come to a particular new place and environment, you have to bend down to learn. All you need do is take home the things you feel you like and also share the ones you have in you. I must confess, it has been a beautiful experience here in Nigeria.


Did you ever know you'd end up with a Nigerian?
Yes, I know! IK is a very lovely and selfless man. I knew I would end up with a Nigerian; Igbo man to be precise because my childhood friend is from Onitsha and she will always tell me ‘na Igbo man go marry you oh’. I was just laughing, now she's the one laughing at me.
 Igbo men know how to take good care of their wives. I feel so proud and fulfilled that I choose to marry who I want and when I wanted. Love is blessing.


   
What was your family's reaction when you decided to settle for an Igbo guy as life partner?
My family doesn't categorize people based on where they coming from. We all know that there are good and bad people everywhere, no matter ethnicity, skin colour, religion. My parents love Ik too much. He is like a son to them because he has an amazingly big heart. He is a being super-good man to me and super loving and caring dad to our child. Every normal parent is happy with their children's happiness.

What marriage has changed about you?
Nothing at all. The nature of my relationship with IK didn't change by the fact we are officially married with a baby. At the end of the day, it’s only a paper, but at the other hand you know how people decide to marry these days because of so many different reasons that doesn't include love - because they think they are "not getting any younger" or they getting pressured by society, because of interest or out of long relationships where love and passion vanished but marriage seemed like only logical step to take.


Did you feel awkward having a baby first before marriage?
Having a child as a product of honest, selfless love is the most beautiful feeling ever, there is special unbreakable bond between 3 of us. Priceless.

I know Igbos like babies a lot, so when is the next baby coming?
Baby? (Laughs). Not so soon. Until my baby learns how to change his diapers no other baby coming. Not now, my dear. I have so many things to do. Don't you know having a baby is like a full-time job? I want to focus on Ace for now, when we are ready for another one, he or she would sure come.



Would you try acting someday?
Acting? No! It's not my kind of thing. I know I have the look of a great actress but look can be very deceptive. Acting is not meant for me at all.

So what do you do at the moment?
I support my husband and his chosen career. I pray for him, take care of his home and son. Since we got to know better, good things started coming his way. He is used to say I’m his witch (laughs).

Have you quit modelling?
Point of correction, I was never a model. I don't know why people keep having that misconception. Never in my life did I model. I'm a graduate of Political science and had worked in some government offices; like Ministry of Defence.

No comments:

Post a Comment